Recent Fishing Reports by Author
- Affordable Charters Fishing Report 5-13-13 - Posted to Affordable Charters Fishing Report by Cbfishing.com PressIn the surf catching a few red and black drum, bluefish, small flounder, whiting, croakers, blowfish, stingrays, and sharks.
On the piers reports of whiting, flounder, croaker, bluefish, blowfish, stingrays, and sharks.
Spanish mackerel are showing up off of Fort Fisher at high rock.
In the waterway, river, and bays red and black drum, speckled trout, flounder, whiting, croakers, sharks, and stingrays. Keep fishing and stay safe.
Captain John Carty
- CarolinaExplorer Fishing Charters 5/5 fishing report: Great Inshore action with Red drum, Black drum, a few flounder and trout. Call 910-264-1807 and book your fishing charter today! - Posted to Carolina Explorer Charters Fishing Report by Capt. Robert SchoonmakerHello everyone. We have been catching fish and having fun over the past few weeks. The inshore action for red drum, black drum, and a few flounder and trout has been great. The reds are biting gulp baits on 3/8 oz. jig heads and rigged weedless. Just work them slow and keep contact with the bottom. We have been using fresh shrimp, cut mullet, and live mud minnows as well for the reds and black. The flounder have been hitting the jigs and live minnow as well. The trout have been hitting jigs with jerk baits and paddle tail.. (Read More)
- Seahawk Inshore Fishing Report 04/29/13 MAY FISHING IS ALMOST HERE!!! Catching redfish, a few speckled trout, black drum, flounder and whiting on the inshore and backwaters of the lower Cape Fear. - Posted to Seahawk Charters Fishing Report by Cbfishing.com PressThe inshore and backwater fishing has slowed a little due to the inconsistent weather patterns we have experienced lately. The up and down temps have kept the water cooler and prevented some of our inshore species from moving in. This should change as soon as spring has fully sprung and the fish get more active in the warmer water temps. Flounder, sheephead, small and large bluefish will be showing along with the trout, redfish, and black drum we have caught all winter. This will provide us with a lot of action and a good variety of inshore fish to.. (Read More)
- Carolina Beach Fishing 2013 - Posted to Cape Fear Guide Fishing Report by Capt. Mike DennisCarolina Beach fishing season has started with the annual run of whiting at the mouth of the Cape Fear River,these are the first charters I run every year most days the action is steady enough to end up with a good catch of fish at the end of the day.Light spinning rods,double hook bottom rigs,baited with the freshest shrimp you can find seems to work best.
[caption id="attachment_463" align="alignnone" width="500" caption="Whiting iced down !"][/caption]
Spring time is here,whiting are biting,now is the time to get out.. (Read More)
- Spring Fishing Comes Wrightsville to Cape Fear River - Posted to Rod-Man Charters Fishing Report by Capt. Rick BennettHi Folks,
Another fishing season is taking off and hopefully with a great start. Weather is calming down and warming up and the water temps are responding and so are the fish. Weather through the rest of this week is forecast to be calmer and warmer and next week the 70's come out in force! I hope all of you had a nice winter and are ready for fishing season. Here we go with our first report:
INSHORE: The best bets right now are small puppy drum.. (Read More)
- Winter Fishing at its Best!!! - Posted to Tournament Trail Charters Fishing Report by Capt. Rennie Clark Jr.The Cape Fear area winter fishing has begun!! Stripers are chewing and so are the redfish. We had the best day I have ever had on the Cape Fear River for stripers recently with over thirty bites and 11 reds as by catch. Every trip is producing redfish on soft plastics. We haven't really been targeting reds but they are mixed in everywhere we are catching stripers. The stripers are chewing everything from 3 inch plastics to 8 inch baits and everything in between. We have got them on topwater as well during.. (Read More)
- Carolina Beach and Wrightsville Beach Fishing Report - 10/4/12 - Posted to Charlie\'s Charters Fishing Report by Capt. CharlesFall fishing is here, still catching some really nice flounder, speckled trout, grey trout, and red fish. Right off shore we are still catching some nice spanish mackerel. The near by reefs are also producing good size flounder, trout and sharks. The water temp is down and the fishing is getting better every day. To get in on the fall action give me a call!
Capt Charles Powell
- Fishing report 10-19-12 - Posted to Capt. James Lucas Charters by Cbfishing.com PressKure Beach Pier had a good week with catches of Spots, Pompano, Flounder, Bluefish and some Big Red Drum 40in. So I have been told.
Down at Fort Fisher to Bald Head Island we are catching Red Drum, Founders, Pompano, Va.Mullet, Speckled Trout.
Call Capt.James Lucas of Grand Slam Charters (910)279-0585
Capt.James Lucas of Grand Slam Charters
.. (Read More)
- Winner of the 2012 East Coast Got-Em-On King Mackerel Classic - Posted to Stress Reelief Charters Fishing Report by Cbfishing.com PressHere’s a short video from the winner of the 2012 East Coast Got-Em-On King Mackerel Classic.
.. (Read More)
- Reel Adventure Charters Report - Posted to Reel-Adventure Charters Fishing Report by Capt. Matt WirtOur fishing trips out of Wrightsville and Carolina Beach have been doing awesome. We are still having a awesome time with the 30-100 lb sharks and have had many half days that caught sharks until they could physically not do it any longer! We are catching them on cut bait or dead bait trolled mid water column and are also sight casting to the schools of them that are feeding heavily on by-catch. We just increased our heavier spinning tackle to 60 lb Spider Wire Stealth braided line to handle these beasts! If you have never sight casted.. (Read More)
- The Reds are Biting!!! - Posted to Capt. John's Fishing Reports by Capt. John PagenstecherThis past week the fishing has gotten much better. Although it has generally been better on the falling tides there have been fish to catch all day. We caught great numbers of Redfish that are between 22" and 27" that are really burning out some line, The Flounder biter continues to get better landing several good Flounder per trip. The best news has been more Speckeled Trout are showing up.
[caption id="attachment_72" align="alignnone" width="550" caption="Eathan and Adam Hartman fron Carmel IN with a nice early morning.. (Read More)
- Photos of recent fishing trips - Posted to Largetime Charters Fishing Report by Cbfishing.com Press
Captain Mike Britt
Large Time Fishing Charters
Telephone (910) 458-3362
Toll free 1-800-582-5524 .. (Read More)
- Hello fishing world! - Posted to Blue Marlin Charters Fishing Report by TommyWelcome to Cbfishing.com. This is your first post. Edit or delete it, then start reporting! .. (Read More)
- Reaction Charters inshore near shore fishing report - Posted to Reaction Charters Fishing Report by Capt. Mark ArmstrongWith the fluctuations in the weather lately, the fishing has been just as unpredictable. We have had several days with outstanding numbers of redfish and have had some slow days also. With the warm weather creeping back the redfish bite will become more consistent. The flounder and trout will also be showing up in good numbers soon. Several flounder have already been caught and we had a 14” speckled trout last week! The redfish have been schooled up in large schools throughout the day but as the water heats up they will start to disperse during the higher tide.. (Read More)
- The time is right for your fall fishing trip! - Posted to OnMyWay Charters Fishing Report by Cbfishing.com PressThe time is right for your fall fishing trip!
The kings are thick in the 10 mile area! Nice fall fish 15#'s and up! Great slow trolling!
Also spanish are still near the beach along with false albacore!
Grouper fishing is excellent! Bottom fishing best in the 35 mile range!
Gulf stream bite is also red hot with wahoo and blackfin tuna. A few mahi still around!
Give me a call book that trip for great fall fishing!
“Finest in light tackle offshore fishing”
Fishing the local waters for over 20 years! .. (Read More)
- Book Your Gulf Stream Trip Now! - Posted to Fish Dance Fishing Report by Captain keith greenThings are heating up. Nice wahoo and blackfin tuna are being caught at the Gulf Stream. You need to go ahead and book your trip.
Capt. Keith .. (Read More)
- Young Carolina Beach Angler Verses Blue Fish - Posted to Cape Fear Guide Videos by Cbfishing.com Press
.. (Read More)
- Topwater Redfish - Posted to Seahawk Fishing Videos by Cbfishing.com Press .. (Read More)
- Flat bottom drag boats - Posted to CBFISHING.COM Videos by Cbfishing.com Press
No sound more sweeter than a screaming big block.
.. (Read More)
- Cape Fear Fishing, Blue Fish Fun = Big Fish Fun! - Posted to Reel-Adventure Fishing Videos by Cbfishing.com Press
.. (Read More)
- Early Spring Puppy Drum Fishing w/Captain Rick Bennett - Posted to Rod-Man Fishing Videos by Cbfishing.com Press
.. (Read More)
- Captain Matt Wirt Fly Tying The Short Shank Shark - Posted to Carolina Beach Fly Fishing by Cbfishing.com Press
The Short Shank Shark Fly tied by Capt. Matt Wirt.
Hook: Gamakatsu 5/0
Body: Red & Purple Slinky Fiber, Blue Flash, Pink/Red Estaz
Eyes: Plastic EP Eyes Hot Glued To Fly
Click below to view the video!
.. (Read More)
- SAILFISH - Istiophorus platypterus - Posted to Fish ID by Cbfishing.com PressFamily Istiophoridae, BILLFISHES
Description: color dark blue on top, brown-blue laterally, silvery white underbelly; upper jaw elongated in form of spear; first dorsal greatly enlarged in the form of a sail, with many black spots, its front squared off, highest at its mid point; pelvic fins very narrow, reaching almost to the anus; body covered with imbedded scales, blunt at end; lateral line curved over pectoral, then straight to base of tail.
Similar fish: white marlin, T. albidus, young blue marlin, M. nigricans (spectacular sail-like dorsal of sailfish is most notable difference).
Where found: OFFSHORE species, in south Florida associated with waters.. (Read More)
- Cobia Off Masonboro Island - Posted to B & B Bait and Tackle Fishing Report by Cbfishing.com PressRick, Dwayne, and Sherri Ward caught a 61lb Cobia.
Rick, Dwayne, and Sherri Ward caught this 61lb Cobia on 20lb test line while live baiting a menhaden off Masonboro Island. It took 1hr 45mins to land the fish.
[tags]Masonboro Island, Cobia, North Carolina fishing report, cbfishing[/tags] .. (Read More)