Recent Fishing Reports by Author
- EARLY SPRING FISHING REPORT - Posted to Rod-Man Fishing Report by Capt. Rick BennettHi Folks,
Funny weather, not so much. Should have fished in February because March got COLD. Temps are warming up this week and that is on par for a good April...I hope. Winds have been a bit tough lately but hopefully will be coming down soon. Now hear is my report:
Inshore: Reds and trout and some flounder are biting on artificials and fresh shrimp. Creeks, inlets and ICW are holding fish.
Near Shore: Bluefish are biting on jigs, spoons and Crystal Minnows. It's about time for the bonito to show up.
Offshore: Bottom fishing is producing some nice sea bass.
Gulf Stream: When.. (Read More)
- Spring 2017 Fishing Report - Posted to Seahawk Charters Fishing Report by Cbfishing.com PressMarch is here!
The spring fishing season seems to have arrived early in 2017 which is always a welcomed sight. The temps have been steady in the 70’s and from the looks of the forecast, that is here to stay. We have had a mild winter and that has lead us into early spring patterns. Therefore, the fishing should be great! There are good to great numbers of redfish being caught, a few speckled trout, and black drum. The flounder, bluefish, sheepshead and other inshore species are not far off either with those usually showing in later into the spring... (Read More)
- Carolina Beach Fishing Report by Charlie's Charters 7-28-16 - Posted to Charlie\'s Charters Fishing Report by Capt. CharlesSorry for the late report, it has been a very busy season. We have been catching flounder and red fish in our inter coastal water ways and off shore reefs. The spanish bite continues to be steady off shore with kings mixed in. These are fishing photos from recent trips. To get in on the action give me a call!
Capt Charles Powell
- Cape Fear Guide May 9 2016 - Posted to Cape Fear Guide Fishing Report by Capt. Mike DennisCape Fear Guide had a great time fishing out of Carolina Beach this morning beautiful weather made for a nice morning of spanish mackerel fishing.
Now is the time to get out with Capt.Mike Dennis before the summer time heat sets in.
Spanish Mackerel for dinner tonight!
Call 910-619-0928 to book with Capt.Mike Dennis/Cape Fear Guide .. (Read More)
- CarolinaExplorer July/August fishing report: Summer is almost over, lets go fishing.... - Posted to Carolina Explorer Charters Fishing Report by Capt. Robert SchoonmakerWe have been catching fish and having fun on all of our fishing trips. July was a great month for fishing. We had lots of flounder, redfish, a few trout, lots of spanish mackerel and sharks. August came along and the fishing has gotten more sporadic. Some days we getem and some days we catch a few. That's fishing, right. Anyway we have been landing the reds and flounder on live bait and jigs. Had a few topwater bites as well. The spanish have been caught trolling and when the oportunity is right, casting a few spoons. Fall fishing.. (Read More)
- ProFishNC Charters: NC Late Spring Fishing Report - Posted to ProFishNC Charters Fishing Reports by Capt. TrevEarly Summer Fishing is HOT! There are LOTS OF FISH TO BE CAUGHT RIGHT NOW!
Our Spring Wilmington Fishing Charters including Topsail Beach, Wrightsville Beach & Carolina Beach are going STRONG! Our Water Temps here in SE Coastal NC are from 67 – 70 Degrees currently and warming up FAST providing some Excellent Fishing.
Whats you can expect to catch right now:
Spanish Mackerel Fishing is Great right now with large schools of fish pushing up the nearshore coast. We are catching them on YoZuri Deep.. (Read More)
- Affordable Charters Fishing Report 6-17-13 - Posted to Affordable Charters Fishing Report by Cbfishing.com PressIn the waterways, bays, and river catching red and black drum, some speckled trout, flounder, small cobia, bluefish, whiting, black bass, pigfish, croakers, stingrays, & sharks.
In the surf catching some flounder, red and black drum, bluefish, whiting, croakers, stingrays, and sharks.
On the piers catching a few Spanish mackerel, bluefish, some flounder, whiting, croakers, pigfish, sharks, and stingrays. If anyone has fishing pictures they would like to share please email them to email@example.com. Keep fishing and stay safe.
Captain John Carty
Zach Davis caught lots of fish while fishing with his granddad.. (Read More)
- It's on folks - Posted to Tournament Trail Charters Fishing Report by Capt. Rennie Clark Jr.The weather has terrible this year so far with numerous fronts coming thru with high winds but the water temps are finally close to 70 degrees. Fishing has definitely picked up. Even on days where high winds persist we are catching good numbers of reds on soft plastics, spoons, and spinner baits. Its time to break out the popping corks and go to work. Fish are chewing on the outgoing tide around creeks, ditches, and grass flats as the water falls out. The past week some grown ones have been mixed in with the.. (Read More)
- Fishing report 10-19-12 - Posted to Capt. James Lucas Charters by Cbfishing.com PressKure Beach Pier had a good week with catches of Spots, Pompano, Flounder, Bluefish and some Big Red Drum 40in. So I have been told.
Down at Fort Fisher to Bald Head Island we are catching Red Drum, Founders, Pompano, Va.Mullet, Speckled Trout.
Call Capt.James Lucas of Grand Slam Charters (910)279-0585
Capt.James Lucas of Grand Slam Charters
.. (Read More)
- Winner of the 2012 East Coast Got-Em-On King Mackerel Classic - Posted to Stress Reelief Charters Fishing Report by Cbfishing.com PressHere’s a short video from the winner of the 2012 East Coast Got-Em-On King Mackerel Classic.
.. (Read More)
- Reel Adventure Charters Report - Posted to Reel-Adventure Charters Fishing Report by Capt. Matt WirtOur fishing trips out of Wrightsville and Carolina Beach have been doing awesome. We are still having a awesome time with the 30-100 lb sharks and have had many half days that caught sharks until they could physically not do it any longer! We are catching them on cut bait or dead bait trolled mid water column and are also sight casting to the schools of them that are feeding heavily on by-catch. We just increased our heavier spinning tackle to 60 lb Spider Wire Stealth braided line to handle these beasts! If you have never sight casted.. (Read More)
- The Reds are Biting!!! - Posted to Capt. John's Fishing Reports by Capt. John PagenstecherThis past week the fishing has gotten much better. Although it has generally been better on the falling tides there have been fish to catch all day. We caught great numbers of Redfish that are between 22" and 27" that are really burning out some line, The Flounder biter continues to get better landing several good Flounder per trip. The best news has been more Speckeled Trout are showing up.
[caption id="attachment_72" align="alignnone" width="550" caption="Eathan and Adam Hartman fron Carmel IN with a nice early morning.. (Read More)
- Photos of recent fishing trips - Posted to Largetime Charters Fishing Report by Cbfishing.com Press
Captain Mike Britt
Large Time Fishing Charters
Telephone (910) 458-3362
Toll free 1-800-582-5524 .. (Read More)
- Hello fishing world! - Posted to Blue Marlin Charters Fishing Report by TommyWelcome to Cbfishing.com. This is your first post. Edit or delete it, then start reporting! .. (Read More)
- Reaction Charters inshore near shore fishing report - Posted to Reaction Charters Fishing Report by Capt. Mark ArmstrongWith the fluctuations in the weather lately, the fishing has been just as unpredictable. We have had several days with outstanding numbers of redfish and have had some slow days also. With the warm weather creeping back the redfish bite will become more consistent. The flounder and trout will also be showing up in good numbers soon. Several flounder have already been caught and we had a 14” speckled trout last week! The redfish have been schooled up in large schools throughout the day but as the water heats up they will start to disperse during the higher tide.. (Read More)
- The time is right for your fall fishing trip! - Posted to OnMyWay Charters Fishing Report by Cbfishing.com PressThe time is right for your fall fishing trip!
The kings are thick in the 10 mile area! Nice fall fish 15#'s and up! Great slow trolling!
Also spanish are still near the beach along with false albacore!
Grouper fishing is excellent! Bottom fishing best in the 35 mile range!
Gulf stream bite is also red hot with wahoo and blackfin tuna. A few mahi still around!
Give me a call book that trip for great fall fishing!
“Finest in light tackle offshore fishing”
Fishing the local waters for over 20 years! .. (Read More)
- Book Your Gulf Stream Trip Now! - Posted to Fish Dance Fishing Report by Captain keith greenThings are heating up. Nice wahoo and blackfin tuna are being caught at the Gulf Stream. You need to go ahead and book your trip.
Capt. Keith .. (Read More)
- Young Carolina Beach Angler Verses Blue Fish - Posted to Cape Fear Guide Videos by Cbfishing.com Press
.. (Read More)
- Topwater Redfish - Posted to Seahawk Fishing Videos by Cbfishing.com Press .. (Read More)
- Flat bottom drag boats - Posted to CBFISHING.COM Videos by Cbfishing.com Press
No sound more sweeter than a screaming big block.
.. (Read More)
- Cape Fear Fishing, Blue Fish Fun = Big Fish Fun! - Posted to Reel-Adventure Fishing Videos by Cbfishing.com Press
.. (Read More)
- Early Spring Puppy Drum Fishing w/Captain Rick Bennett - Posted to Rod-Man Fishing Videos by Cbfishing.com Press
.. (Read More)
- Captain Matt Wirt Fly Tying The Short Shank Shark - Posted to Carolina Beach Fly Fishing by Cbfishing.com Press
The Short Shank Shark Fly tied by Capt. Matt Wirt.
Hook: Gamakatsu 5/0
Body: Red & Purple Slinky Fiber, Blue Flash, Pink/Red Estaz
Eyes: Plastic EP Eyes Hot Glued To Fly
Click below to view the video!
.. (Read More)
- SAILFISH - Istiophorus platypterus - Posted to Fish ID by Cbfishing.com PressFamily Istiophoridae, BILLFISHES
Description: color dark blue on top, brown-blue laterally, silvery white underbelly; upper jaw elongated in form of spear; first dorsal greatly enlarged in the form of a sail, with many black spots, its front squared off, highest at its mid point; pelvic fins very narrow, reaching almost to the anus; body covered with imbedded scales, blunt at end; lateral line curved over pectoral, then straight to base of tail.
Similar fish: white marlin, T. albidus, young blue marlin, M. nigricans (spectacular sail-like dorsal of sailfish is most notable difference).
Where found: OFFSHORE species, in south Florida associated with waters.. (Read More)