Recent Fishing Reports by Author
- CarolinaExplorer 4-4 fishing report: Red drum, black drum, whiting, sea bass, and sharks. Great spring action!! - Posted to Carolina Explorer Charters Fishing Report by Capt. Robert SchoonmakerHello everyone,
It has been a long cold winter and I am glad to see some warmer temperatures, and so are the fish. Inshore we have had steady action with the red drum. We have been casting gulp on 1/4 ounce jig heads or using cut shrimp and mud minnows. This action has been fun and consistant. The whiting have shown up in the river and this action will only get better. Fresh shrimp is key for catching these great eating fish on bottom rigs. Off the beach we have caught lots of seabass and sharks. Lots of fun when.. (Read More)
- ProFishNC Charters Spring Fishing Update 3/27/2014 (Fishing Wilmington, Figure Eight, Topsail, Carolina & Wrightsville Beach) - Posted to ProFishNC Charters Fishing Reports by Capt. TrevProFishNC Charters Spring Fishing Update 3/27/2014
Well, it’s still COLD here in SE NC; however, that will change in the next week with a steady forecast of 70’s coming. Our water temperatures here in Wilmington, Topsail, Figure Eight, Carolina & Wrightsville Beach are still hovering in the low 50’s but that’s not stopping us from finding the fish.
Beginning with our Topsail Beach Fishing Charters Report: The water is still cold and the fish are still lethargic; however, there are Red Drum holding off the beach and in the docks. Not very active right now… but they are.. (Read More)
- Seahawk Inshore Fishing Report 3/25/14 Spring Fishing is Here!!! Short Report and Spring Fishing Forecast - Posted to Seahawk Charters Fishing Report by Cbfishing.com Press
The fishing has been pretty good here in the Cape Fear area and should be getting better as the water temp rises. We’ve had a decent winter catching fish but I am ready for some steady warmer temps.
We are catching good numbers of redfish on soft plastics (mostly Gulp Shrimp) and live minnows. Most of the reds have been slot sized with a few under slots in the mix. There are some large schools of reds roaming the flats and the sightfishing has been good.. (Read More)
- Everything is Biting Near Carolina Beach - Posted to Rod-Man Fishing Report by Capt. Rick BennettHi Folks,
I have just returned from a great inland striper fishing trip in Georgia, but more about that later. Fishing has exploded here in the Wrightsville Beach to the Cape Fear area. Water temps are in the mid 60's. Looks like we have some weather coming in Thursday but hopefully this weekend should bring good fishing. Now her's my report:
INSHORE: Everything is biting; trout, reds and flounder. For me this is the time of the year I like fishing artificials. Topwater lures work.. (Read More)
- October Fishing at Carolina Beach - Posted to Cape Fear Guide Fishing Report by Capt. Mike DennisOctober fishing has been productive here at Carolina Beach flounders,speckle trout have been biting at the inlet.Live finger mullet,mirrow lures,jig heads have all produced fish.
[caption id="attachment_501" align="alignnone" width="500" caption="Fishing with Capt.Mike Dennis"]
Large Speckle Trout
Try to plan your next inshore charter on a clear,calm day,if possible hard a hard rain is tough to fish in !
[caption id="attachment_503" align="alignnone" width="500" caption="Speckle Trout"][/caption]
Visit the Cape Fear Guide.. (Read More)
- Fishing Report by Charlie's Charters 9-10-13 - Posted to Charlie\'s Charters Fishing Report by Capt. CharlesFishing is really heating up with nice catches of flounder, red fish, grey trout and much more. Now that the weather is starting to cool I expect the fishing to only get better each day. We’ve been catching lots of red fish with many that are over slot while being doubled up at times. The flounder are on the move, we have been catching nice size while drifting the inlets, ICW and nearby reefs. These fish are ranging from 2 to 6 lbs. Spanish fishing has been on fire while limiting out at.. (Read More)
- Affordable Charters Fishing Report 6-17-13 - Posted to Affordable Charters Fishing Report by Cbfishing.com PressIn the waterways, bays, and river catching red and black drum, some speckled trout, flounder, small cobia, bluefish, whiting, black bass, pigfish, croakers, stingrays, & sharks.
In the surf catching some flounder, red and black drum, bluefish, whiting, croakers, stingrays, and sharks.
On the piers catching a few Spanish mackerel, bluefish, some flounder, whiting, croakers, pigfish, sharks, and stingrays. If anyone has fishing pictures they would like to share please email them to email@example.com. Keep fishing and stay safe.
Captain John Carty
Zach Davis caught lots of fish while fishing with his granddad.. (Read More)
- It's on folks - Posted to Tournament Trail Charters Fishing Report by Capt. Rennie Clark Jr.The weather has terrible this year so far with numerous fronts coming thru with high winds but the water temps are finally close to 70 degrees. Fishing has definitely picked up. Even on days where high winds persist we are catching good numbers of reds on soft plastics, spoons, and spinner baits. Its time to break out the popping corks and go to work. Fish are chewing on the outgoing tide around creeks, ditches, and grass flats as the water falls out. The past week some grown ones have been mixed in with the.. (Read More)
- Fishing report 10-19-12 - Posted to Capt. James Lucas Charters by Cbfishing.com PressKure Beach Pier had a good week with catches of Spots, Pompano, Flounder, Bluefish and some Big Red Drum 40in. So I have been told.
Down at Fort Fisher to Bald Head Island we are catching Red Drum, Founders, Pompano, Va.Mullet, Speckled Trout.
Call Capt.James Lucas of Grand Slam Charters (910)279-0585
Capt.James Lucas of Grand Slam Charters
.. (Read More)
- Winner of the 2012 East Coast Got-Em-On King Mackerel Classic - Posted to Stress Reelief Charters Fishing Report by Cbfishing.com PressHere’s a short video from the winner of the 2012 East Coast Got-Em-On King Mackerel Classic.
.. (Read More)
- Reel Adventure Charters Report - Posted to Reel-Adventure Charters Fishing Report by Capt. Matt WirtOur fishing trips out of Wrightsville and Carolina Beach have been doing awesome. We are still having a awesome time with the 30-100 lb sharks and have had many half days that caught sharks until they could physically not do it any longer! We are catching them on cut bait or dead bait trolled mid water column and are also sight casting to the schools of them that are feeding heavily on by-catch. We just increased our heavier spinning tackle to 60 lb Spider Wire Stealth braided line to handle these beasts! If you have never sight casted.. (Read More)
- The Reds are Biting!!! - Posted to Capt. John's Fishing Reports by Capt. John PagenstecherThis past week the fishing has gotten much better. Although it has generally been better on the falling tides there have been fish to catch all day. We caught great numbers of Redfish that are between 22" and 27" that are really burning out some line, The Flounder biter continues to get better landing several good Flounder per trip. The best news has been more Speckeled Trout are showing up.
[caption id="attachment_72" align="alignnone" width="550" caption="Eathan and Adam Hartman fron Carmel IN with a nice early morning.. (Read More)
- Photos of recent fishing trips - Posted to Largetime Charters Fishing Report by Cbfishing.com Press
Captain Mike Britt
Large Time Fishing Charters
Telephone (910) 458-3362
Toll free 1-800-582-5524 .. (Read More)
- Hello fishing world! - Posted to Blue Marlin Charters Fishing Report by TommyWelcome to Cbfishing.com. This is your first post. Edit or delete it, then start reporting! .. (Read More)
- Reaction Charters inshore near shore fishing report - Posted to Reaction Charters Fishing Report by Capt. Mark ArmstrongWith the fluctuations in the weather lately, the fishing has been just as unpredictable. We have had several days with outstanding numbers of redfish and have had some slow days also. With the warm weather creeping back the redfish bite will become more consistent. The flounder and trout will also be showing up in good numbers soon. Several flounder have already been caught and we had a 14” speckled trout last week! The redfish have been schooled up in large schools throughout the day but as the water heats up they will start to disperse during the higher tide.. (Read More)
- The time is right for your fall fishing trip! - Posted to OnMyWay Charters Fishing Report by Cbfishing.com PressThe time is right for your fall fishing trip!
The kings are thick in the 10 mile area! Nice fall fish 15#'s and up! Great slow trolling!
Also spanish are still near the beach along with false albacore!
Grouper fishing is excellent! Bottom fishing best in the 35 mile range!
Gulf stream bite is also red hot with wahoo and blackfin tuna. A few mahi still around!
Give me a call book that trip for great fall fishing!
“Finest in light tackle offshore fishing”
Fishing the local waters for over 20 years! .. (Read More)
- Book Your Gulf Stream Trip Now! - Posted to Fish Dance Fishing Report by Captain keith greenThings are heating up. Nice wahoo and blackfin tuna are being caught at the Gulf Stream. You need to go ahead and book your trip.
Capt. Keith .. (Read More)
- Young Carolina Beach Angler Verses Blue Fish - Posted to Cape Fear Guide Videos by Cbfishing.com Press
.. (Read More)
- Topwater Redfish - Posted to Seahawk Fishing Videos by Cbfishing.com Press .. (Read More)
- Flat bottom drag boats - Posted to CBFISHING.COM Videos by Cbfishing.com Press
No sound more sweeter than a screaming big block.
.. (Read More)
- Cape Fear Fishing, Blue Fish Fun = Big Fish Fun! - Posted to Reel-Adventure Fishing Videos by Cbfishing.com Press
.. (Read More)
- Early Spring Puppy Drum Fishing w/Captain Rick Bennett - Posted to Rod-Man Fishing Videos by Cbfishing.com Press
.. (Read More)
- Captain Matt Wirt Fly Tying The Short Shank Shark - Posted to Carolina Beach Fly Fishing by Cbfishing.com Press
The Short Shank Shark Fly tied by Capt. Matt Wirt.
Hook: Gamakatsu 5/0
Body: Red & Purple Slinky Fiber, Blue Flash, Pink/Red Estaz
Eyes: Plastic EP Eyes Hot Glued To Fly
Click below to view the video!
.. (Read More)
- SAILFISH - Istiophorus platypterus - Posted to Fish ID by Cbfishing.com PressFamily Istiophoridae, BILLFISHES
Description: color dark blue on top, brown-blue laterally, silvery white underbelly; upper jaw elongated in form of spear; first dorsal greatly enlarged in the form of a sail, with many black spots, its front squared off, highest at its mid point; pelvic fins very narrow, reaching almost to the anus; body covered with imbedded scales, blunt at end; lateral line curved over pectoral, then straight to base of tail.
Similar fish: white marlin, T. albidus, young blue marlin, M. nigricans (spectacular sail-like dorsal of sailfish is most notable difference).
Where found: OFFSHORE species, in south Florida associated with waters.. (Read More)