Recent Fishing Reports by Author
- Seahawk Inshore Fishing Report 7/4/15 Redfish, Flounder, Speckled Trout, Sheephead, Black Drum and a few other inshore species. - Posted to Seahawk Charters Fishing Report by Cbfishing.com PressHappy 4th of July from the Seahawk Inshore crew. We are having a up and down summer here fishing the backwaters of the Lower Cape Fear. Business has been good and most days the fishing has been pretty good but we are having a few tough days mixed in. There are lots of bait (mullet and shrimp) starting to move in to the creeks and flats and this should make for some better fishing opportunities for the remainder of the summer.
On the nicer days with light winds we are able to find large schools of reds that are roaming the flats and do some.. (Read More)
- Carolina Beach Fishing Report by Charlie's Charters 6-1-15 - Posted to Charlie\'s Charters Fishing Report by Capt. CharlesLive bait has arrived and so have the fish! We are starting to see nice catches of flounder, red fish and black drum. We are catching most of the flounder using live bait while drifting our inlets and the ICW. The red fish are being caught using live bait around dock pilings of the ICW and back bays in the Lower Cape Fear River. Black drum are being caught with shrimp around the rock beds in the same area.
The spanish mackeral bite is picking back up right off our beaches .. (Read More)
- Speckle Trout Cape Fear Guide - Posted to Cape Fear Guide Fishing Report by Capt. Mike DennisSpeckle trout has been biting for the Cape Fear Guide charters have been catching trout on live menhaden,black drum,and plenty of croakers. Weather has been ideal the last few days not to hot light winds making for ideal fishing weather.
[caption id="attachment_553" align="alignnone" width="500" caption="Speckle Trout "][/caption]
Capt.Mike Dennis 910 619 0928 .. (Read More)
- CarolinaExplorer 12-4 fishing report: Winter fishing continues to be good, Lots of red drum, black drum, and trout. Call 910-264-1807 and book your holiday trip today!! - Posted to Carolina Explorer Charters Fishing Report by Capt. Robert SchoonmakerInshore we have been catching red and black drum along with speckled trout. For the reds and trout, we have been casting swim baits, jerk baits and Gulp shrimp. We have also landed them on live mud minnows and shrimp. The black drum have been hitting shrimp and cut bait. We just fish the tides and look for moving fish or deep holes. Give me a call and we will book your trip on the best days to fish due to the tide 910-264-1807.
Just off the beach there are a few bluefish on the wrecks and reefs. Cut bait.. (Read More)
- ProFishNC Charters: NC Late Spring Fishing Report - Posted to ProFishNC Charters Fishing Reports by Capt. TrevEarly Summer Fishing is HOT! There are LOTS OF FISH TO BE CAUGHT RIGHT NOW!
Our Spring Wilmington Fishing Charters including Topsail Beach, Wrightsville Beach & Carolina Beach are going STRONG! Our Water Temps here in SE Coastal NC are from 67 – 70 Degrees currently and warming up FAST providing some Excellent Fishing.
Whats you can expect to catch right now:
Spanish Mackerel Fishing is Great right now with large schools of fish pushing up the nearshore coast. We are catching them on YoZuri Deep.. (Read More)
- Cold, Rainy and Windy Tough on Fishing - Posted to Rod-Man Fishing Report by Capt. Rick BennettHi Folks,
It seems winter will not let us go. Water temps are still below 60. We had a touch of spring and the fish started to respond. The last few days of cold, rain and wind have shut things down again.
As the weather settles down again in the coming days, look for redfish, black drum and bluefish to bite in the inshore waters.
Just off the beach look for some false albacore and Atlantic bonito.
The kings are still way out, but the Gulfstream, when you can get to it, is producing wahoo and blackfin tune.
Hopefully we will have a sustained.. (Read More)
- Affordable Charters Fishing Report 6-17-13 - Posted to Affordable Charters Fishing Report by Cbfishing.com PressIn the waterways, bays, and river catching red and black drum, some speckled trout, flounder, small cobia, bluefish, whiting, black bass, pigfish, croakers, stingrays, & sharks.
In the surf catching some flounder, red and black drum, bluefish, whiting, croakers, stingrays, and sharks.
On the piers catching a few Spanish mackerel, bluefish, some flounder, whiting, croakers, pigfish, sharks, and stingrays. If anyone has fishing pictures they would like to share please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Keep fishing and stay safe.
Captain John Carty
Zach Davis caught lots of fish while fishing with his granddad.. (Read More)
- It's on folks - Posted to Tournament Trail Charters Fishing Report by Capt. Rennie Clark Jr.The weather has terrible this year so far with numerous fronts coming thru with high winds but the water temps are finally close to 70 degrees. Fishing has definitely picked up. Even on days where high winds persist we are catching good numbers of reds on soft plastics, spoons, and spinner baits. Its time to break out the popping corks and go to work. Fish are chewing on the outgoing tide around creeks, ditches, and grass flats as the water falls out. The past week some grown ones have been mixed in with the.. (Read More)
- Fishing report 10-19-12 - Posted to Capt. James Lucas Charters by Cbfishing.com PressKure Beach Pier had a good week with catches of Spots, Pompano, Flounder, Bluefish and some Big Red Drum 40in. So I have been told.
Down at Fort Fisher to Bald Head Island we are catching Red Drum, Founders, Pompano, Va.Mullet, Speckled Trout.
Call Capt.James Lucas of Grand Slam Charters (910)279-0585
Capt.James Lucas of Grand Slam Charters
.. (Read More)
- Winner of the 2012 East Coast Got-Em-On King Mackerel Classic - Posted to Stress Reelief Charters Fishing Report by Cbfishing.com PressHere’s a short video from the winner of the 2012 East Coast Got-Em-On King Mackerel Classic.
.. (Read More)
- Reel Adventure Charters Report - Posted to Reel-Adventure Charters Fishing Report by Capt. Matt WirtOur fishing trips out of Wrightsville and Carolina Beach have been doing awesome. We are still having a awesome time with the 30-100 lb sharks and have had many half days that caught sharks until they could physically not do it any longer! We are catching them on cut bait or dead bait trolled mid water column and are also sight casting to the schools of them that are feeding heavily on by-catch. We just increased our heavier spinning tackle to 60 lb Spider Wire Stealth braided line to handle these beasts! If you have never sight casted.. (Read More)
- The Reds are Biting!!! - Posted to Capt. John's Fishing Reports by Capt. John PagenstecherThis past week the fishing has gotten much better. Although it has generally been better on the falling tides there have been fish to catch all day. We caught great numbers of Redfish that are between 22" and 27" that are really burning out some line, The Flounder biter continues to get better landing several good Flounder per trip. The best news has been more Speckeled Trout are showing up.
[caption id="attachment_72" align="alignnone" width="550" caption="Eathan and Adam Hartman fron Carmel IN with a nice early morning.. (Read More)
- Photos of recent fishing trips - Posted to Largetime Charters Fishing Report by Cbfishing.com Press
Captain Mike Britt
Large Time Fishing Charters
Telephone (910) 458-3362
Toll free 1-800-582-5524 .. (Read More)
- Hello fishing world! - Posted to Blue Marlin Charters Fishing Report by TommyWelcome to Cbfishing.com. This is your first post. Edit or delete it, then start reporting! .. (Read More)
- Reaction Charters inshore near shore fishing report - Posted to Reaction Charters Fishing Report by Capt. Mark ArmstrongWith the fluctuations in the weather lately, the fishing has been just as unpredictable. We have had several days with outstanding numbers of redfish and have had some slow days also. With the warm weather creeping back the redfish bite will become more consistent. The flounder and trout will also be showing up in good numbers soon. Several flounder have already been caught and we had a 14” speckled trout last week! The redfish have been schooled up in large schools throughout the day but as the water heats up they will start to disperse during the higher tide.. (Read More)
- The time is right for your fall fishing trip! - Posted to OnMyWay Charters Fishing Report by Cbfishing.com PressThe time is right for your fall fishing trip!
The kings are thick in the 10 mile area! Nice fall fish 15#'s and up! Great slow trolling!
Also spanish are still near the beach along with false albacore!
Grouper fishing is excellent! Bottom fishing best in the 35 mile range!
Gulf stream bite is also red hot with wahoo and blackfin tuna. A few mahi still around!
Give me a call book that trip for great fall fishing!
“Finest in light tackle offshore fishing”
Fishing the local waters for over 20 years! .. (Read More)
- Book Your Gulf Stream Trip Now! - Posted to Fish Dance Fishing Report by Captain keith greenThings are heating up. Nice wahoo and blackfin tuna are being caught at the Gulf Stream. You need to go ahead and book your trip.
Capt. Keith .. (Read More)
- Young Carolina Beach Angler Verses Blue Fish - Posted to Cape Fear Guide Videos by Cbfishing.com Press
.. (Read More)
- Topwater Redfish - Posted to Seahawk Fishing Videos by Cbfishing.com Press .. (Read More)
- Flat bottom drag boats - Posted to CBFISHING.COM Videos by Cbfishing.com Press
No sound more sweeter than a screaming big block.
.. (Read More)
- Cape Fear Fishing, Blue Fish Fun = Big Fish Fun! - Posted to Reel-Adventure Fishing Videos by Cbfishing.com Press
.. (Read More)
- Early Spring Puppy Drum Fishing w/Captain Rick Bennett - Posted to Rod-Man Fishing Videos by Cbfishing.com Press
.. (Read More)
- Captain Matt Wirt Fly Tying The Short Shank Shark - Posted to Carolina Beach Fly Fishing by Cbfishing.com Press
The Short Shank Shark Fly tied by Capt. Matt Wirt.
Hook: Gamakatsu 5/0
Body: Red & Purple Slinky Fiber, Blue Flash, Pink/Red Estaz
Eyes: Plastic EP Eyes Hot Glued To Fly
Click below to view the video!
.. (Read More)
- SAILFISH - Istiophorus platypterus - Posted to Fish ID by Cbfishing.com PressFamily Istiophoridae, BILLFISHES
Description: color dark blue on top, brown-blue laterally, silvery white underbelly; upper jaw elongated in form of spear; first dorsal greatly enlarged in the form of a sail, with many black spots, its front squared off, highest at its mid point; pelvic fins very narrow, reaching almost to the anus; body covered with imbedded scales, blunt at end; lateral line curved over pectoral, then straight to base of tail.
Similar fish: white marlin, T. albidus, young blue marlin, M. nigricans (spectacular sail-like dorsal of sailfish is most notable difference).
Where found: OFFSHORE species, in south Florida associated with waters.. (Read More)